The GTP, affiliated with McMaster University is an introductory program which familiarizes the learner with core knowledge specific to geriatric assessment. The content is geared toward those who are new to geriatrics and those who would like a review of geriatric concepts, whether within or outside of specialized geriatric services.
This training program is currently available in a self paced, virtual format, online. There are 16 presentations (approx. 30min each).
Who should attend?
Those who are new to geriatrics and those who would like a review of geriatric concepts.
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Residents
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Social Service Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Personal Support Workers
- Community Paramedics
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the foundations of assessment and management of common geriatric syndromes.
- Describe the unique needs of older adults, including those with complex health problems.
- Apply the principles of geriatric care to their work with older adults.
Additional Course Information
- Topics and speakers vary year-to-year
- Past topics have included:
- Patient Experience
- Senior Friendly Care
- Indigenous Wellbeing
- Social Isolation
- Urinary Incontinence
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Management of Responsive Behaviours
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Parkinson’s Disease
Geriatric Training Program Online (eGTP)
- When: November 28, 2022 – March 6, 2023
- Where: Online (Self-paced)
- Cost: $125.00
- Registration: Click Here
Click Here to view Program Brochure
For more information email email@example.com or call 905-777-3837 x 12436.