Geriatric Training Program
This training program is available in two formats:
- Annual two-day program (typically an in-person event hosted in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Virtual format for 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19).
- Online program (eGTP)
- Recordings (audio and slides) from the most recent two-day conference will be made available online for a 2-week period. Presentations can be accessed any time during this 2-week period.
- This version of the course is offered once a year in early spring. More offerings may be added dependent on level of demand.
Who should attend?
Those who are new to geriatrics and those who would like a review of geriatric concepts.
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Residents
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Social Service Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Personal Support Workers
- Community Paramedics
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the foundations of assessment and management of common geriatric syndromes.
- Describe the unique needs of older adults, including those with complex health problems.
- Apply the principles of geriatric care to their work with older adults.
Additional Course Information
- Topics and speakers vary year-to-year
- Past topics have included:
- Patient Experience
- Senior Friendly Care
- Indigenous Wellbeing
- Social Isolation
- Urinary Incontinence
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Management of Responsive Behaviours
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Parkinson’s Disease
Geriatric Training Program Online (eGTP)
- When: March 8-20, 2022
- Where: Online
- Cost: $250.00 CAD
- Registration: Now open here
For more information contact Lily Consoli (firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-777-3837 x 12372)