Geriatric Training Program
Needs Assessment Survey – AVAILABLE UNTIL JUNE 7, 2022
We kindly invite you to complete a needs assessment survey specific to the Geriatric Training Program (GTP) which can be accessed here. The survey contains 7 questions and will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. The survey will be open until June 7th. The purpose of this survey is to understand the training needs of health care providers who provide care to older adults across the continuum of care in hospital and community settings.
The GTP, affiliated with McMaster University is an introductory program which familiarizes the learner with core knowledge specific to geriatric assessment. The content is geared toward those who are new to geriatrics and those who would like a review of geriatric concepts, whether within or outside of specialized geriatric services.
This training program is currently available in two formats:
- Annual two-day program (typically an in-person event hosted in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Virtual format for 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19).
- Online program (eGTP)
- Recordings (audio and slides) from the most recent two-day conference will be made available online for a pre-determined period of time. Presentations can be accessed any time during this period.
- This version of the course is offered once a year in early spring. More offerings may be added dependent on level of demand.
Who should attend?
Those who are new to geriatrics and those who would like a review of geriatric concepts.
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Residents
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Social Service Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Personal Support Workers
- Community Paramedics
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the foundations of assessment and management of common geriatric syndromes.
- Describe the unique needs of older adults, including those with complex health problems.
- Apply the principles of geriatric care to their work with older adults.
Additional Course Information
- Topics and speakers vary year-to-year
- Past topics have included:
- Patient Experience
- Senior Friendly Care
- Indigenous Wellbeing
- Social Isolation
- Urinary Incontinence
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Management of Responsive Behaviours
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Parkinson’s Disease
Geriatric Training Program Online (eGTP)
- When: June 1-Sept 23, 2022
- Where: Online (Self-paced)
- Cost: $125.00
- Registration: Open here.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-777-3837 x 12436.