Central Clinical Intake
Based on the vision of a coordinated clinical Intake, the Regional Geriatric Program Central will be providing a Central Clinical Intake service for community based Specialized Geriatric Services (Geriatric Medicine and Geriatric Psychiatry) and Behavioural Supports Ontario.
Central Clinical Intake will begin to receive referrals in one region, later expanding to cover the entire Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand Norfolk, Brant and Burlington regions.
If you are a patient:
If you are interested in accessing these programs, please contact your primary care provider for a referral or contact Central Clinical Intake for more information. Please note that Hamilton Health Sciences may collect additional health information from various sources to assess the referral and make decisions regarding your care.
If you are a provider:
Central Clinical Intake can receive referrals from providers by fax. It is your obligation to ensure that your patient consents to transmission of their health information by fax.
To access the referral form, you must click the disclaimer below
One Referral Pathway
- Promotes Patient centered care by streamlining the referral process
- Eliminates duplicate referrals
- Decreases the need for Patients to repeat their story to different service providers
- Supports timely and equitable access to care
- Central Clinical Intake will complete an Intake Assessment based on relevant information found in Electronic Health databases
- Includes collaboration with referral sources, primary care and community partners as applicable
- Assessment is modelled after the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment framework
- Will highlight risks to support Service Providers in prioritizing Patient care needs
- Connects Patients and Caregivers to the most appropriate Specialized Geriatric Service and/or Behavioural Supports Ontario
Coordination and Sharing of Information
- Central Intake will build opportunities for collaboration amongst Service Providers
- Primary Care will receive a copy of the Intake Assessment
- If a Patient is using LHIN Home and Community Care services, this will be identified and information will be shared as applicable with the Care Coordinator
Having trouble accessing the referral form?
The BSO/SGS Central Clinical Intake referral form is a fillable PDF document. Some web browsers do not support fillable PDF forms. Adobe Reader is required to open this document. Adobe Reader can be downloaded HERE.
The non-fillable PDF referral form can be downloaded HERE. Once you open the file, print, complete by hand and fax.
If you have any questions please contact us:
Call: 905-521-2100 ext. 12435
If you or your patient are in crisis or need help in an emergency, contact a distress centre near you, call your local mental health crisis team, visit your local emergency department or call 911.
As the lead for Central Clinical Intake, the Regional Geriatric Program Central wishes to gratefully acknowledge the support of the following partners: